The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) which originated from China in the early spring is now spread around the world, causing deaths and affecting millions of people while sending billions of people into lockdown as health services struggle to cope. Many big companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon have started to work from home, while all the educational institutions have resorted to online learning. From Mid-level MNCs to start-ups, companies of all sizes have started anticipating the effects. These crises are forcing companies to reassess their digital marketing strategies such as paid search and reevaluate their financial plans for the future.
Due to social distancing, like travel bans, event cancellations, and so on, businesses are being hit hard. But you still can grow and take your business forward even during this pandemic outbreak. And this can only be possible if you know how to implement business strategies in a correct way. So, what’s the best bet in these toughest situations? Of course, it’s online digital marketing! Below are some of the compiled tips to help you swim against the currents using digital space and make a good come back in 2020.
How would you cope with the situation of Covid-19 Lockdown?
Business procedures across the world are quickly changing because of this pandemic. Whether your company has temporarily paused the business or has decided to implement work from home, what is more important right now is your approach to your customers and adjustments to your digital presence in response to the current crisis. Brand promotions, current campaigns, message tones, operational impacts and customers’ sentiments should all be carefully considered before posting or sharing digital content.
Do your brand promotions in a smarter way!
Now that the world is going through such a tough time, most of you might think it to be inhuman to promote your brand to the customers. But as you know everything has its own way of presentation, you need to find the smarter way to reach the audience. Due to this pandemic outbreak, according to “The Economic Times”, people nowadays are mostly spending quality time with their family and surfing social sites which has caused a 10% increase in the mobile internet usage. So, the best way to promote your brand is through online media articles. The platforms like online news portals and websites have got more readers than print media. So it is important for you to produce media releases, opinion pieces and analytic articles that can be published online during the outbreak. Media, as an essential service to the state, is working overtime to inform and educate the public on the developments of the COVID-19 virus which means there is space to put your brand out during this time and it will be a great move.
Steps you need to follow while developing marketing contingency plans
It’s not enough to have a well-defined communication policy. In times of a crisis, the market is volatile, consumer behavior is unexpected, and the business, in general, is facing sudden fluctuations. Thus you need to follow these crucial steps in order to develop marketing contingency plans:
- Identify the risks
The very first thing you need to keep in mind is to find out all the risks that the company might have to face. With the analysis of the risks you would be able to create a plan that is going to help you in coping with the unexpected turn due to COVID-19.
- Keep the resources in check
When we are talking about resources, we mean the tools, facilities, people, teams, departments, and so much more for sure. With the help of these resources, the company will be able to go through the entire ordeal in the best way without any trouble whatsoever.
- Draft out your contingency plan
You need to draft your contingency plan for all the different risks that you have already identified before. The drafting would include the scheduling, workforce responsibilities, communications, and so forth.
- Be Mindful of Your Tone
The tonality varies from business to business. Thus, it is important to remain optimistic without making a negative impact on the situation while navigating your digital marketing presence during this tough time. Being a product based or a service based company, this is how you maintain your tonality while approaching the customers:
- You should start communicating with your consumers with a tone of empathy and not sympathy!
- Send a COVID-19 email stating your company’s updates and cancellations and also mention how to access the service of the company remotely.
- While writing the COVID-19 mail, make sure you connect with your recipient by acknowledging their anxiety, and keep a calm objective tone throughout the mail.
This is how the customers will understand the shift and your brand will actually seem much more human. So, try to think and come up with new tips or messages that your company can share during this period of uncertainty.
- Care for customer sentiments and behavior!
Only through customer-centric actions, you can bring back the trust that customers once had on brands. For this, you need to take care of a couple of things:
- Listen to the customers- Now more than ever, it’s important to know what customers feel, do, and why. You can also use social listening to view customer discussions for your brand.
- Appoint people to monitor social sites- Ask sales and account management teams to monitor customer care emails, phone calls and service chats for changes in concerns or sentiments.
- Balance your response- Marketers must support customers and protect customer relationships while staying honest and informing about what the firm can and cannot deliver at this time.
Inform Customers about COVID-19’s Effects on Your Industry
Whether you are shifting your business online or temporarily shutting down, make sure to share each and every announcement clearly with your customers via a banner on your website, an email blast, or posts on social media platforms. Such time to time notifications to the customers will keep them connected to you and will pacify their anxieties. Even if your business hasn’t seen much growth, it’s still a good idea to show your support for all the customers. Just a simple email or social media post will remind customers that you have their backs and that your company values the customers more than business.
Recognize Campaigns that Should be Paused
What if you have already scheduled an email marketing campaign to alert customers regarding a new product or service your company is currently offering? In difficult times like these, it’s important to hit the pause button and postpone advertising non-urgent campaigns until the situation becomes normal. Shift your focus to ways that your service can help out current customers amid this health crisis. It’s great to see many big companies are advertising their products while recognizing the impact that COVID-19 is causing on daily lives.
The Power of Social Media
The beauty of social media during this pandemic is its ability to build companionship through digital platforms. In this difficult time, there is a hope that people now being at home can still continue to communicate with each other with the help of social media. So, why don’t you use your company’s social media profile as a highly authentic hub of information on the disease? You can also focus on the points of how it may affect the day to day life experiences of your audience. If your brand is focused on recreation, then you can develop content ideas on how to help your clients have more fun during quarantine all over the world. As people are staying at home right now, they are likely to engage well with your content. You will be able to connect with more audiences to advertise your product in a better way. For example, if you are a skincare brand, you can develop content giving some tips and DIY’s for better skin care during quarantine.
To emerge in the competitive business world you need to have a strong support of some trusted digital marketing company who:
- Has the creative minds to take your brand or your business to the next level.
- Is responsible for providing innovative ideas, impactful campaigns and quality service to present before the customers.
- Promotes your brand and takes your business to newer heights by developing groundbreaking business strategies.
And one such digital marketing service provider is OMGDiGi, based in Bangalore, India; not only known for having many creative geniuses who constantly work on elevating your brand, but also teams up to support your business at the time of crisis.
OMG is a part of a brand building exercise. We help you in building a brand image, perception among the target audience via various tools. We focus on communication, timing, audience targeting, amplification, seeding, and cross-promotions, that help your business to grow and take your company to the next level. Before you plan to work with us, you need to know all the business strategies that we follow. We focus on :
- Understanding the goal of the brands: As a digital marketing service provider, we first try to understand the goals and the things that you would be expecting from us to build a relationship with the target audience.
- Helping the client/brands to build relationships: Being a social media marketing agency, we help you to promote your brand or business through media that includes developing the websites and posting stories on social media.
- Strategic Planning: We at OMG, come up with strategic inputs of communication that would work in favour of your brand. We also take care for building your brand positioning with prefered perceived imagery.
- Content Marketing: As a strong content plays a vital role, it allows us to grow your audience and amplify a message. Content marketing helps attract consumers, promote business that drives leads.
- Crisis Communications: OMG plays a major role at the time of crisis. Crisis communications are necessary as it protects your brand, your business and it’s reputation from facing any public challenge.
Nomatter how much the social media marketing agencies are in demand today, searching for a trusted and creative genius has become a real challenge especially during this pandemic crisis. But do not worry as OMG, is one such social media marketing agency that comes up with fresh thoughts , and is adept in converting quirky ideas into a successful business execution.
What OMG does?
OMG is the magic behind many successful digital campaigns. As a digital marketing company, our services are a unique brew of strong content, effective SEO and amazing ideas. From brand planning, communications, and technology systems integration to developing unique strategic insight and actionable recommendations this social media marketing agency offers you everything you want. We also ensure you get the quality traffic that translates to quality leads and tangible return on investment. And our research generates organic backlinks which strengthen visibility while building an awareness of your brand.
Now that you know about such trusted digital marketing agencies in the market, all you want to do is a bit of homework. Click here to know how we promote brands and come up with creative ways to reach the target audience even during this lockdown .Be, it lockdown or some “ fine morning”, do not hesitate to contact us. We are always there to help you swim across the current!
Stay safe! Stay healthy!